We live in an age where you can talk to everything. Our phones are our personal assistants, our computers will do whatever we ask it from across the room, and some of us are so bad that we dictate emails from the shower. (okay, maybe that’s just me.) What I have come to enjoy the most is an Alexa compatible speaker. The Echo Dot is the perfect speaker for someone who wants to see what all of the hype is about.
I use my Dot as a connected pod to my full-size Alexa Speaker. As I walk through my house, I can hear the same music, make the same shopping list to be sent to my phone, set reminders, call my family members, and turn lights off and on. The limits to this device are boundless. But don’t take my word for it, just check out the details below and clock on the picture to the right to go and find out more at amazon.com. What I love most is the price. $50 will secure a new wave of technology in your house.
- Echo Dot (2nd Generation) is a hands-free, voice-controlled device that uses Alexa to play music, control smart home devices, make calls, send and receive messages, provide information, read the news, set music alarms, read audiobooks from Audible, control Amazon Video on Fire TV, and more
- Connects to speakers or headphones through Bluetooth or 3.5 mm stereo cable to play music from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn. Play music simultaneously across Echo devices and speakers connected via cable with multi-room music.
- Call or message almost anyone hands-free with your Echo device. Also, instantly connect to other Echo devices in your home using just your voice.
- Controls lights, fans, TVs, switches, thermostats, garage doors, sprinklers, locks, and more with compatible connected devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, Sony, Samsung SmartThings, Nest, and others
- Hears you from across the room with 7 far-field microphones for hands-free control, even in noisy environments or while playing music
- Includes a built-in speaker so it can work on its own as a smart alarm clock in the bedroom, an assistant in the kitchen, or anywhere you might want a voice-controlled computer. Adjust the treble, mid, and bass levels with your voice.
- Always getting smarter and adding new features, plus thousands of skills like Uber, Domino’s, DISH, and more.