Former Navy SEAL Commander Mark Divine is the founder of SealFit, a CrossFit affiliate. SealFit utilizes an integrated warrior development model Divine developed, called Unbeatable Mind, which draws from his 20 years as a SEAL and business leader, 25 years as a martial artist and 15 years as yoga practitioner. He also hosts a podcast on PodcastOne and iTunes called Unbeatable Mind.
Unbeatable Mind is the importance of planning, strategy, and having a vision to success. This mental toughness is combined with Kokoro (Warrior) Yoga, which allows you to see, feel, hear, and live the “win” or the goal you are looking to achieve through warrior visualization.
As Coach Divine says, Kokoro Yoga and Meditation is the path to clear all distractions from your mind “to access the full capacity of your mind” so that you can focus on what you want to achieve.
- Breath-control through Box Breathing and Meditation
- Overcoming negativity (which destroys performance) through reflection, redirection, and a positive attitude with a mantra.
- How to change habits by focusing on good habit to overwhelm bad habit
- The basics of visualization (observe the behavior you want to emulate, visualize yourself doing the activity, manipulate it until it becomes a mental image in first-person where you feel you are actually doing the activity, thus anchoring it into your brain by making it your own, then use a repeated practice and triggers during your “me” state during meditation)
- The simplicity code or why a warrior travels light. Are you over-committed to too many projects? Focus on one or two things that are really important to you to master them. Keep things simple. This is a belief system that focuses on the importance of simple commitments and de-cluttering your priorities to balance your life.
He expands on these techniques and warrior yoga poses in his new book Kokoro Yoga, which develops the heart and mind of a warrior.