If you are looking for something lighter to eat in the days after Thanksgiving, try this salad that incorporates some of your favorite Thanksgiving flavors without the heaviness of the holiday meal.
Bonus: This salad uses leftovers, so it is easy to throw together and helps you clean out your fridge!
Servings: 2 meal-sized salads
- 2 tablespoons leftover cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon water to thin (if necessary)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 ounces (1 to 1 1/2 cups) leftover turkey, diced or shredded
- 4 cups mixed greens (lettuce, baby kale, spinach)
- 1 cup leftover prepared vegetables (sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts, green beans or a combination)
- 1 medium apple or firm-fleshed pear, diced
- 1/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Add all dressing ingredients — except for water, salt and pepper — to a blender. Blend until smooth, adding water a little bit at a time, if necessary, to make smooth. Taste and add salt and pepper, if needed.
- Toss turkey, greens, vegetables, fruit and pepitas together in a large bowl.
- To serve, divide into 2 servings and drizzle each salad with 2 tablespoons of dressing (you will have dressing left over). Enjoy!
Nutrition Information (per serving)
- Calories: 450
- Total fat: 22 g
- Saturated fat: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 60 mg
- Sodium: 270 mg (does not include added salt)
- Total carbohydrate: 30 g
- Dietary fiber: 7 g
- Sugars: 12 g
- Protein: 37 g
Note: Nutrition information will vary depending on the mix of left over vegetables included in the salad.