The American Psychological Association reports that over 57% of people surveyed want to lose weight, and 50% say they want to live a healthier lifestyle. Despite that, they feel they don’t have the willpower to do it, with only 1 in 5 achieving those goals. The good news is that more people can live healthier lifestyles if they have the right ideas to help them get there.
“It’s more than just willpower that is needed to help people live a healthier lifestyle,” says Dr. TJ Tsay, the medical director at Ageless MD. “People need to know what to do to obtain their goals. People have more willpower than they think if they have a clear plan of what needs to be done.”
Dr. Tsay has not only helped many people obtain their healthy lifestyle goals, but he also stands out to those who see him. While he’s in his 50s, he looks like he’s in his 30s. He has made having a healthy lifestyle a top priority and is happy to share with others the tips that can help them do the same.
Here are 5 proof positive tips for having a healthier lifestyle (just in time for self-improvement month):
- Epiphany. There needs to be an eye-opening moment that leads to change. When there is a realization that you need to have a balanced lifestyle, things begin to move in the right direction. There has to be a defining moment in one’s life to make you want to create change. Whether it’s being diagnosed with coronary artery disease, uncontrolled diabetes, or ending up in the emergency department for a heart scare. That defining moment is where it all begins.
- Control the mind. It’s essential to overcome the mental blocks to achieve a healthier lifestyle. Determine what things are mentally holding you back, and then work through them. Each of those roadblocks can be removed if you do the work to identify them and change the way you think.
- Set small goals. Celebrate the victories to keep you going. You don’t have to reach a big goal to celebrate along the way. As you continue down the path in the right direction, celebrate the milestones you have. Each of those is leading you to where you want to be.
- Time. The longer you stick with it, a healthy lifestyle becomes a part of who you are. Once you have done it enough, it will not feel much like work. It will become like second nature and be how you usually do things. You are working toward creating a new, healthier, everyday lifestyle.
- Get support. Find a community or role model that keeps you motivated and accountable. Those who have support tend to have more success. Whether you join a support group, work with a personal coach, or buddy up with friends who want to make changes, you will find it helps keep you going in the right direction and strengthens your willpower. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that when you work out with a partner, you feel more motivated and adventurous and will be more consistent.
“If you don’t have your health, you are limited in what you can accomplish,” added Dr. Tsay. “It’s never too late to change your life to take you down a healthier path.”
Dr. Tsay is committed to living a healthy lifestyle. He was motivated to do so to have more energy to spend more time with his kids, which was his defining moment. When he was diagnosed with a sleep disorder, it motivated him further to lose weight, dropping 35 pounds. Some things that have helped him to be healthier over the years include testosterone replacement therapy, clean eating, limiting alcohol and sugar intake, and exercising 5-6 days per week. He also loads up on antioxidants daily like vitamin C (orally tablets and vitamin C serum) and wears SPF 50 and above sunscreen and sunglasses outdoors, so the squinting doesn’t lead to wrinkles.
Ageless MD, located in Tustin, Calif., offices a full range of cutting-edge and advanced aesthetic procedures. They serve Orange County and the surrounding area. Their expertise is in non-invasive face and skin rejuvenation, including addressing wrinkles, acne, and atrophy. They offer a nonsurgical facelift, nonsurgical noselift, eyelid tightening, nonsurgical butt-lift, and more. The office has laser and energy devices to tighten loose skin, lighten pigmentation, address brown spots, etc. Additionally, they offer injectables, dermal fillers, double chin treatment, body procedures, and special procedures for men, including penile enhancement and delivering treatments for erectile dysfunction and hair loss. To learn more or schedule an appointment, visit the site at: https://www.ageless-md.com