Food is the way to the heart…so what better way to spend your Valentine’s Day than enjoying a romantic and flavorsome brunch?
Michele Cuccovillo, Co-Founder of https://bottomlessbrunch.com/ has you covered whether you’re looking to book a bottomless brunch or you’re in search of the best recipes to whip up at home, this V-day.
If sweet treats put a smile on your loved one’s face, then heart-shaped pancakes have to be on the menu for your romantic brunch. You can top your tasty stack with any ingredients you fancy, but if you’re wanting to give your pancakes that Valentine’s Day feeling, then use fresh red fruit like strawberries and raspberries.
- 135g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 130ml milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp melted butter (allowed to cool slightly)
- Gently sift the flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar into a mixing bowl. In a separate jug, carefully whisk together the milk and egg and then whisk in the melted butter.
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and use a fork to beat the mixtures together until you create a smooth batter.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and melt a knob of butter around the pan. Place your heart-shaped cutter or stencil into the pan and add a ladle of batter into it.
- Cook for around 1-2 minutes, depending on the thickness of your pancake, then remove your stencil swiftly and flip the pancake over to cook the other side.
- Repeat until all the batter is used up and serve with drizzles of sauce and your favourite toppings.